Saturday, December 10, 2011

Palimpsest

Palimpsest and prolepsis
Palimpsest - a forgotten word from my Gothic days. It's what I do, am doing. I think it can apply to the self too.  Being a product of our own experiences. Things that have happened in the past and maybe forgotten but form who we are. The reinvention of the self, rubbing out the past and starting again but traces are still there. 
Prolepsis - another forgotten word rising to the surface with the current problems and maybe it's where I should go......the representation of a thing as existing before it actually does.  Anticipation combined with hope?  I think this is where the river is flowing.......I think I am beginning to find a narrative for my work in order to take it forward.  I think this is becoming clearer now with these thoughts and the practical things that I have been doing.  I can see a direction that I need to follow in order to find direction if that makes sense.  The figure in the boat, the shelter and the river.  This is going to enable me to look at lots of things. The spine is the river.  The figure is the huntress - hunting for what?  This is all making sense... to me ..... 
figures leaving the shelter


sailing down the latex river
still in their moulds

No comments:

Post a Comment