Friday, December 2, 2011

More glass........and photobooth

Good day at college yesterday.  Observed Steve Brown again this time making transfers for glass and sandblasting.  Made a transfer from a drawing of my spinal chicken bones and will apply it to some glass next week. Samples made from last week didn't turn out brilliantly well but will revisit them next week and experiment a bit more.  Then joined Irena at the life sculpture class.  I drew instead of using clay but saw how to dip in hot  wax to form a cast etc. which will be useful later on. Making a relief as an exercise has been on my mind for sometime.  Thought about latex on the way home and will experiment with it this weekend as I think it will make better mould for my little plaster boats.  Also remembered Ana Maria Pacheco looked her up on Google and the first relief image I found was a boat - this is becoming a bit of a theme.  I also like her wood sculptures and her narrative.  Do some more research.


Untitled II - find out more


Also been reading article by Liz Rideal from Cloth and Culture (Volume 1, Issue 3, pp.274-287. 2003) - Drapery and Pattern in Portrait Painting as a Source for m y Work in the Photobooth with particular reference to "The Curtain Master" William Larkin.  Three things in this title hit the mark for me - drapery, photobooth and William Larkin whose paintings I love for their gorgeousness.




photos of me using photobooth on apple computer

Think about these images - there's some potential but don't quite know what at the moment.  I like the movement and the 'comic book' effect. Perhaps little tiny images printed on to fabric to make a ribbon to join bones together?
  

No comments:

Post a Comment