Monday, December 5, 2011

Kings Cross and the little boat




Managed to take some photographs of the scaffolding outside Kings Cross and also saw some in Trafalgar Square. Like little shelters in the distance with their skeleton showing through and the lights beckoning making me want to be inside, reminds me of the time I spent the night atop a building site and waking in the morning to the sounds of banging and the workmen ignoring us as if we were made invisible somehow in our little shelter.

day time view of Kings Cross

The little boat I made from stitch and plaster has become important. The little figure is like Caroline sailing off into her unknown future hunting for something but she doesn't know what yet - just that it isn't what she has at the moment.  I feel I want to make this into some kind of narrative perhaps in a  mythological style. Perhaps some research at the British Museum, classical sculpture, Greek vases etc. looking at myth, boats and drapery. 





No comments:

Post a Comment