Friday, January 6, 2012

Displacement trawling





Have been  trawling the internet as a displacement activity this morning and found the above image from the Fruitmarket for the forthcoming exhibition of Anna Barriball.  It is not so much the content that excites, because I can't see it properly,  but the juxtaposing of sculpture and wall that is exactly what I am thinking about. Brilliant.  It reminds me of the lost image of Maria Pacheco's work that first drew me to her.  I like the way the eye is drawn across the image form the left to the right in a triangular way,  almost perspectively.


Another display that keeps popping into my head is the Judith Scott exhibition at the Selfridges hotel referred to in the long journal blog.   It had a meditative quality to it which is what I think I am talking about.  This is what I want to achieve with my work. A story and depth with hidden meanings.  Every component part of the work needs to mean something and have a reason for being there not just for artifice or decorative purposes. 







Just read Vanda's blog - domestic diss - agree 100% well said Vanda

No comments:

Post a Comment