Saturday, November 26, 2011

Power of Making - 2nd round


Enjoyed the Power of Making much more this time.   I had forgotten a number of things including the wooden fabric - I wonder if it could be done with glass?  Little fragments attached somehow to a backing - could be very exciting.

Meanwhile am in the middle of making a spine out of bones covered in plaster. I keep coming back to the spine at the moment so think I'll just go with it and see what happens.  When it's finished I'll spend some time drawing it to add to the other drawings. Been reading about early years of Cy Twombly and his references to African artefacts etc..  Also the influence of Franz Kline and Motherwell amongst others. He references classical stuff a lot as well - Lepanto, Leda etc..  All things that draw me in.

Spotted some scaffolding outside Kings Cross last night on the way home.  Covered in white 'tenting' with lights shining from inside almost like little illuminated tabernacles upon high. The scaffold structure was visible as a shadow inside the fabric. Very interesting feel I need to go back and photograph it. It follows on from the fabric and plaster cube I am making.


Plastered chicken bones made into a spine using a Japanese method of tying together

 Already made frames covered with organza, plastered using sellotape as a resist


No comments:

Post a Comment