Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Gathering thoughts ready for the WIP seminar



Just wrote a useful blog and it has disappeared - so annoying!

I think I started by saying my thoughts for my current work are coming together - influences include:

Artists:  Kounellis, Spero, Christo, Andrew Wyeth, Richard Long


Writings: Bachelard: the Poetics of Space, Mandelstam: The Age.

Just found a book on Amazon and the LRC has it - David Batchelor: Chromophobia - will get it today - sounds interesting.  

Words:   narrative, voyage/journey, palimpsest- traces of the past, rivers and paths, spine, poetic


Images:
They've  been staring me in the face for weeks on my laptop - 2 images of Richard Long 



Mudday Water Falls 1984 - Anthony d'Offay

White River Line
Sao Paula  Bienal  Brazil 1994


Looked up David Batchelor on Google and that's when I lost everything!! Love this image though. It has a spinal quality to it .

 



 Parapillar - David Batchelor 2006 Steel support with plastic, metal, rubber, painted wood and feather objects

Going with Irena and Wendy for an induction with Lisa into the dyeing room at college today.  So will be great to be immersed in colour after removing it from my work for so long.  Enjoy dyeing especially using the acid dyes, have never been satisfied with procion so will be good to go through these processes again.



Later......  what a day!!!    I want to find out about illuminants and how they work but everything took so long!!

No comments:

Post a Comment